Membership is open to any individual or institution who has an active interest in cooperative approaches to disaster preparedness, emergency management, and cultural heritage protection. This is a volunteer-based organization and there are no dues or fees. Attendance at meetings and events is strongly encouraged but we understand that work schedules cannot always accommodate our meeting times.
Who We Are:
- First Responders/Emergency Management personnel
- Collections Managers
- Preservation Specialists
- Disaster Recovery Vendors
- Safety and Security staff
- Anyone with an interest in protecting cultural resources
What We Do:
In order to foster cooperative efforts to mitigate disasters impacting cultural heritage institutions, AFR Philly’s Steering Committee coordinates the following types of events, open to the membership:
- Information sharing
- Increased awareness and encouragement of Disaster Planning
- Providing opportunities for disaster recovery education
- Interaction with local and state Emergency Management
- Preparing and responding collectively to disasters in the Region
- Identify existing resources (materials and expertise) needed after a disaster
Join the Mailing List!
Sign up to stay up-to-date with local events, resources, and information about emergency response and preparedness issues as they relate to cultural institutions in the Philadelphia Metro area.